Job Listing Date: 1st July 2021
Job closing date: 31st October 2021
An exceptional opportunity to start your career in the automotive industry at the islands foremost multi-brand dealership, Jacksons.
We are seeking a focused individual with the drive and ambition to succeed. Strong numeracy and literacy skills are essential as is basic computer literacy and an ability to communicate clearly to uphold our exacting customer service standards. A full driving license is essential.
The successful candidate will enjoy ongoing training and excellent prospects with a view to becoming a Service Administrator.
If you feel you have the basic skills required, please read the comprehensive job description below:
Trainee Service Administrator.
Aftersales Manager, Aftersales Director, Head of Business.
Main Purpose of Job
To learn all aspects of the Service Administrator role.
You will initially be involved in the preparation of job cards, costing of estimates, managing Vehicle Recall checks, invoicing, internal work preparation and the organising and management of external work requirements.
NOTE: As a Trainee, you will be involved in many aspects of the Service Administrators role during your training. These include:
- To make customer bookings and plan customer arrival times (where possible) following the QMA Process and
- Gain all relevant information from customer using questioning techniques
- Promote appropriate added value services
- Promote additional sales opportunities
- To establish customers onward travel arrangements and offer Service Loan Car facility or courtesy transport following the established QMA processes.
- Load the Workshop accurately using the Reservation System, providing detailed information on faults, issues, requirements and payment details.
- Daily invoicing as required, without discounting unless authorised.
- To prepare for the following day by
- Raising all job cards and confirm customer/vehicle details correct, amend if not
- Check for outstanding campaigns and recalls on all cars due in
- Prepare and plan collections/deliveries
- Prepare and plan loan car and other added value resources
- Prepare Key Tags
- Confirm arrangements are in place with any third party suppliers (tyres etc)
- Service sheets, AUC forms, PDI forms, all printed in advance
- Greet customers at reception promptly and confirm on customers service and repair requirement including:
- Deal with customers in a courteous, efficient and considerate manner.
- Promote the sale of accessories and clothing.
- Gain customer signature on the job card and obtain mileage.
- Stamp Service Books as required and record location of car on key tag.
- Carry out condition check of car and record any damage or issues on the Repair Order.
- Load the vehicle on the workshop tracking system.
- Take responsibility for customer vehicles, keys and parking.
- To ensure all service bookings, problems and date are accurate and up to date on all systems prior to customers arrival.
- To transmit daily CCC data.
- Maintain Customer Record Files and Repair Order Register on a daily basis to ensure accurate analysis of Service Department activity.
- Maintain a customer contact system including:
- Making contact with customer following service or repair work to ensure satisfaction with work carried out where appropriate.
- Maintain Service office standard of house keeping and display.
- Maintain reference material: handbooks, brochures, How to and Help guide, accessory manual in Reception for customer enquiries.
- Maintain and improve personal Product and Technical knowledge through Information bulletins, magazines etc, and attending training courses as agreed with Service Manager.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of Warranty and Goodwill procedures of manufacturers and the dealership to ensure claims are processed fairly and as quickly as possible.
Limits of Authority
- Not to exceed capacity workshop in schedules such as to endanger customer goodwill.
- Not to authorise additional work unless approved by the customer on both price and for return of vehicle.
- Not to agree discounts, guarantee and goodwill claims outside agreed policies without approval of the Service Manager.
- Not to release vehicles without obtaining payment, or confirming Account Status
To apply please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate Privacy Statement